Drone Roof Inspections
A drone roof inspection is a type of roof inspection that uses drones to inspect the condition of a roof.
What is a Drone Roof Inspection?
During a drone roof inspection, a drone pilot will fly the drone over the roof to capture images and videos of the roof’s surface, gutters, and other features. The footage can then be analysed to identify any areas of damage, such as missing or broken tiles, cracks, or other signs of wear and tear.
Drone roof inspections can provide a safer and more cost-effective alternative to traditional roof inspections, which often require manual inspections from a person physically accessing the roof. By using drones, inspectors can quickly and safely access hard-to-reach areas of the roof and capture more detailed images and footage. This can help property owners and inspectors identify issues early on and make more informed decisions about maintenance and repair.
How can Drone Roof Inspections help property owners?
Here are just some of the ways a drone roof inspection can help property owners:
- Warranty protection: If your roof warranty requires regular inspections, drones are the cheapest and easiest way to meet the requirement.
- Check for weathering: Weather damage from storms can lead to expensive repairs and structural damage if left unaddressed. A roof inspection can help you spot problems quickly to determine if you need to take immediate action.
- Leak assessment: If you have a roof leak, a roof inspection can reveal the source.
- Drainage issues: Your gutters and drain system protect your roof and property from water incursion. Clogged drains prevent water from draining correctly. However, video roof inspections can spot leaves and debris that have built up in the gutter, facilitating the cleanup process.
- Maintenance damage: Recording a video before and after work on your roof or gutters can create a record of any damage caused by contractors.
- Preemptive checks: Regular drone roof inspections can help you spot problems while they are still easy to fix. We can inspect roof coverings, elevations, gutters, leadwork and chimney stacks.
- Solar panel installation: If you want to install solar panels on a roof, a drone inspection can go a long way in helping you prepare for the installation including ensuring that your roof meets specific regulatory requirements.
These are just some of the reasons owners or property managers invest in drone roof inspections to protect and maintain their properties.
How much does a drone roof inspection cost?
The cost of a drone roof inspection can vary depending on several factors, such as the size and complexity of the roof, the location of the property, and the specific services that are required.
It’s important to note that the cost of a drone roof inspection is often lower than the cost of a traditional roof inspection that requires manual access to the roof. Additionally, drone inspections can be performed more quickly and efficiently, which can save property owners both time and money.
How to you carry out a drone roof inspection?
Performing a roof inspection with a drone typically involves the following steps:
- Hire a licensed drone pilot: It’s important to hire a licensed and experienced drone pilot who is trained in performing roof inspections. At Sutro, all of our drone pilots have the appropriate commercial drone insurance and certifications.
- Conduct a pre-flight inspection: Before flying the drone, our pilots conduct a pre-flight inspection of the drone and equipment to ensure everything is in working order.
- Set up the drone: The drone is set up in a safe and open area near the roof. The pilot checks the drone’s battery life and ensures that the camera and other equipment are functioning properly.
- Fly the drone over the roof: The pilot flies the drone over the roof, capturing high-resolution images and video footage of the roof’s surface, gutters, and other features. The drone is flown at a safe altitude and distance to avoid any damage to the roof or the drone.
- Analyse the footage: Once the drone has captured the footage, it is downloaded and analysed to identify any areas of damage or wear and tear on the roof. A qualified inspector reviews the footage and prepares a report detailing any issues that they find.
- Provide a report: Finally, we provide a report to the property owner outlining the results of the inspection, including any recommended repairs or maintenance.
Drone Roof Inspection Cardiff
From our Cardiff base in South Wales, Sutro operates drone roof inspection services for our clients throughout the UK and Europe. With easy access to South West England via the M4 as well as the rest of the UK and Europe from Cardiff Airport, we respond quickly and deliver industry-leading results.
In the UK and Europe, any individual conducting a visual inspection must be professionally trained. These individuals’ training includes academic qualifications and relevant experience, hazard identification, emergency procedures, information technology, and fire protection and prevention.
Contact us to arrange a site survey, specific to
your maintenance requirements.
Find out how our access solutions can offer you cost efficiency whilst ensuring quality and safety.
0800 069 9395
126 Bute Street